A note on cost – The Bhutanese government sets the fees for travel in Bhutan and has chosen to charge more, have fewer tourists, and maintain a high quality experience for visitors and residents alike. There is a set fee for tourists, which includes local guides, lodging, meals, and transport. It is one of the ways they have opened up their country to us, without sacrificing the value they place in their own culture.
$5,140, plus $800 airfare for RT Bangkok to Paro, Bhutan. Single supplement $700.
- What’s Included: (basically everything!)
▪ Lodging, including the first night in Bangkok
▪ Three meals a day, starting with dinner on November 21.
▪ All activities on the itinerary
▪ Bottled drinking water
▪ Domestic airfare (Jakar to Paro)
▪ Bhutan Visa- $40 (we will arrange this for you)
▪ Carbon offsets for the carbon impact of flying from the U.S. to Bhutan
- What’s Not Included:
▪ Teacher support for Susie. In the spirit of offering dharma teachings without charge, Susie has chosen to not be paid for this trip. You may make an offering of teacher support to her before or after the trip, and donations are tax deductible.
▪ Round trip airfare to Bangkok. (You will arrange this on your own.)
▪ Round trip airfare from Bangkok to Paro, Bhutan (This flight will be arranged for you, and you will pay the outfitter $800, through Sky Mind Retreats.)
▪ Final night stay and meals in Bangkok, if your flight leaves the following day
▪ Optional tips for local guides
▪ Medical insurance, as required by Bhutan. (See below.)
We will be making reservations on Bhutan Airways, for our flight from Bangkok to Paro, as soon as the minimum number of ten people have registered. Once the reservations have been made, this amount ($800) is nonrefundable, unless someone else registers to take your place and we are able to transfer the reservation. Reservations must be made far in advance, as only the national airlines serve Bhutan. A $500 non-refundable trip deposit is also due with your registration. Due with Registration:
$500-non-refundable deposit plus $800 for Bangkok-Paro flight (mailed to address on registration form.)June 1, 2018:
$1500 September 1, 2018:
$1500December 1, 2018:
$1640 - includes $40 visa feeGetting There
We will begin our trip in Bangkok, the afternoon before we depart for Bhutan. Most flights from the United States arrive late at night, so you will probably arrive in Bangkok the night before. We suggest coming an extra day or two early, if you have the time, so that you can adjust to the different time zone. We can help arrange lodging if needed. More details on arranging your flights will be sent once you register. As January 2018, the round-trip cost from Denver to Bangkok starts at $950. Please wait to make your flight arrangements to Bangkok until we let you know that we have the minimum number of participants (ten) to make the trip go.Remember that you will need a current passport!
After you register, we will send more logistical details about travel, vaccinations, and what to bring. Please feel free to contact either of us by phone or email if you have any questions!